Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Basic Supplies

I like to keep my activities and projects as simple as I can…I am totally not artistic!
Here’s a list of basic supplies to think about having on hand:
  • glue stick
  • school glue
  • safety scissors
  • construction paper
  • crayons
  • ruler
  • watercolor paints
  • tempera paints
  • paintbrushes & sponges
  • pipecleaners
  • rubber bands
  • blocks or legos
  • clothespins
  • cardboard boxes ( a packing box and a few empty cereal boxes…I like to use them to cut out solid pieces for various projects)
  • colored tissue paper (save from gifts)
  • plastic or glass jars (clean out a few spaghetti sauce or apple sauce jars. These are great for storing stuff, like paintbrushes, or for some projects)
  • shoebox
  • empty egg carton
  • empty toilet paper & paper towel tubes
  • empty kleenex box
  • Play dough (see recipe here)
Don’t worry about going out and buying all of these things. I like to just collect supplies as we go, and you can always improvise!
One other thing that I like to do is to keep a notebook in which I note our topic, the books we read, which ones we liked the most and why, what activities we did, etc. I just think it’s neat to be able to look back at the fun we’ve had!

No comments:

Post a Comment