Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Book List

It's here!  My favorite time of year!  I think that there is something so magical and wonderful about the whole Christmas season, and I am so excited to be sharing that sense of wonder with my children.  I do like to browse through the Christmas books at the library or book store for new books that we have not read, but I have a real place in my heart for quality content and great illustrations (so they also make wonderful gifts for other families with children!).  That being said,  here's a list of some of our favorite Christmas books:

 
"The Christmas Sweater" Glenn Beck
"The Donkey's Dream" Barbara Helen Berger
"On Christmas Eve" Margaret Wise Brown
"The Little Fir Tree" Margaret Wise Brown
"Bright Christmas: An Angel Remembers" Andrew Clements
"Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" Barbara Shook Hazen  (a Little Golden Book)
"The Tale of Three Trees: a Traditional Folk Tale" Angela Elwell Hunt
"Silent Night" Susan Jeffers
"The Nutcracker" Susan Jeffers
"The Little Drummer Boy" Ezra Jack Keats
"One Small Lost Sheep" Claudia Mills
"The Night Before Christmas" Clement C. Moore (look for great illustrations…right now we are just using a Little Golden Book version, but I do like the classic illustration style)
"A Special Place for Santa" Jeanne Pieper
"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Dr. Seuss
"The Donkey's Christmas Song" Nancy Tafuri
"The Polar Express" Chris Van Allsburg
"The Christmas Story" Jane Werner (a Little Golden Book)
"B is for Bethlehem: A Christmas Alphabet" Isabel Wilner

No comments:

Post a Comment