Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Winter Fun Book List

First of all, I know that I am covering winter when it is almost spring!  I just got way behind.  I'm going to go ahead with winter, though, because I think this is a prime time to see the signs of winter outside. 

I love learning about and talking about the seasons because they are so vivid and so appealing to nearly all of your child's senses.  It's so fun to watch them experience what they're learning so fully!

This one is also fun, because Winter is my favorite season!  The cold, cold weather and the blankets of snow also create such great contrasts with the other seasons to really help them see the differences among the seasons. 
Here's a list of some of our favorite books about Winter:

"Animals in Winter" Henrietta Bancroft  (has some fun winter activity ideas at the end)
"The Snowman" Raymond Briggs
"Snowmen at Night" Caralyn Buehner
"Katy and the Big Snow" Virginia Lee Burton
"One Winter's Day" M. Christina Butler
"Oh!" Kevin Henkes
"Winter" Ron Hirschi
"The Snowy Day" Ezra Jack Keats
"Under My Hood I Have a Hat" Karla Kuskin
"Over and Under the Snow" Kate Messner
"How Do You Know It's Winter?" Ruth Owen (has some fun winter activity ideas at the end)
"Snowy, Blowy Winter" Bob Raczka
"White Snow Bright Snow" Alvin Tresselt
"Paperwhite" Nancy Elizabeth Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment